Monday, June 02, 2008

Lifetime GM owner, leaving... do you care?‏

Troy Clarke,
President, General Motors

If I was the president of a company, I would want to know why a lifetime customer was leaving. It's simple, I am dissatisfied with the product and the service.

My last four cars were Pontiac Grand Am's. I've also owned a Chevrolet Monza and a 1972 LeManns. Now, my 2004 Grand Am is experiencing its second strange malfunction, I contacted Pontiac to ask for it to be made right.

It's all over the Internet, yet again. Since the 1990's people have had trouble with the "passlock" system. The service guy at the dealership said it would cost about $400. He knew what it was. The person from the India call center took my information and a guy called who didn't seem to have any idea what this might be. He told me to go to the dealer and MAYBE they could do something. I just got done paying $260 to replace the "multi-function" switch on this car. The car previous to this had transmission trouble and the one before a headgasket.

It seems that my trust in GM has been pushed too far. Had the latest $400 repair been taken care of, I may feel different.

Bottomline, nobody at GM cares. Does the president of the company care?
Keep an eye on my blog...

Sincerely,
Kevin J. Curtis

No comments: