Tuesday, December 11, 2018

One Issue Voters

In my opinion, the problem with most voters in the USA is that they cast their votes based on one single issue that they hold to be the highest in importance. If that is to protect gun ownership at any cost, then so be it. A kindly, elderly, neighbor from a blue-collar background who always voted Republican once told me it was because of the abortion issue. That was the single reason she voted Republican.

Since I think both the liberals and the conservatives are full of crap, I tend to vote for candidates based on numerous issues. I can't follow party lines, because neither the Democrats or Republicans represent my own personal views. I might agree with one side on one issue and disagree on another.

I think for most people, it's easier. They only need to consider a single issue and not look at the bigger picture. But that, I think, is why politics is such a polarized shit-show in the USA.

No comments: