Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Aldi Has Low Prices and Poor Customer Service

I'm a fan of Aldi prices, but recently the customer service (minimal to begin with) has taken a serious downturn (at lease at one St. Paul location). The issue has occurred 3 of the last 4 times I've shopped there. The price signs are different than the price at the register. For whatever reason, it appears to be beyond the abilities of the staff to remedy this and at least one manager likes to make it seem like it is my fault!

So yesterday I received a phone call from an Aldi customer service representative who told me that they have a disclaimer on their website and flyers stating that they can change the prices at any time without notice. I told him that it is illegal to "bait and switch" and he continued to defend their unethical ways. That was when I decided to end the call.

If you choose to shop at Aldi, make sure to review your receipt and make them refund any overcharges! I know it is difficult to get a refund when customers are lined up but they should be held accountable.

UPDATE: Last week after I reported this latest encounter with the customer service rep, a much nicer one called to tell me this was unacceptable and the regional manger would be contacting me very soon. Very soon came two days later, when the regional manger made the call that she didn't sound very enthusiastic about. Regardless, that brings us to my last visit to this Aldi. Here is my newest customer service feedback to Aldi corporate.

RE: ALDI - Case ID # 750651
That makes 5 out of 6 times I've been overcharged! After the regional manager called me and I was told price signs would become a priority, I was overcharged yet again! I was reimbursed when I brought it to their attention; but don't you think at the very least this is a very embarrassing statistic?

It was hot so I decided to buy some ice cream bars. They were clearly marked $1.99 in the freezer and clearly came up $2.49 at the register.

So ask yourself why now? This didn't happen a year ago. Why is it beyond fixing now?


2 comments:

The Father of Five said...

Interesting... I will be watching this closely. We too shop at Aldi - and I have not yet noticed this phenomenon. Perhaps it is more of a problem at certain stores than others (a staff issue)??

I'll report back.

- FOF

CuTRis said...

There has been some improvement very recently. I like to think I had something to do with it by letting them know it is unacceptable.