Thursday, July 17, 2014

Colonoscopy: A Look Backward

Once I realized I was due to get a colonoscopy, I decided that it would be best to get it behind me as soon as possible. Three days before the procedure, I had to eat a low fiber diet and I'm telling you, that surely was for the ass! Yes, everyone who says the prep is the shits is correct. I got pretty sick for some reason, during the process of taking large overdoses of three kinds of laxatives. My nose was running and I threw up and let me tell you, I felt like crap. I had also heard stories about having bad results and one person even told me she had to go back and swallow a camera! Apparently after the camera sent images to a fanny pack she had to crap it out or "they" would need to perform surgery to remove it! My first response was "so did they want the camera back after you crapped it out?" The answer was "no;" so I'm assuming it must have been a disposable camera... The actual procedure, when a doctor finally pushes a camera up your butt is really not nearly as bad as the drinking of the "poison" was. You also get to watch your colon on TV! Anyway, after it was all over, I was sure glad that everything had come out all right in the end.

No comments: