Monday, November 26, 2012

Beer: An Annual Experience...

I finally bottled my lager Friday after Thanksgiving that I brewed last year the Friday after Thanksgiving. It's been a busy year and I had to make time to bottle even then. I drank that odd half a beer that was at the bottom of the carboy--and though it was flat and not yet bottle conditioned, it was remarkably tasty. Don't tell the "experts," because they will likely tell us that the beer will be spoiled after sitting in the carboy for a year. That was the first time it took me a whole year to make a beer! Having a baby and moving twice and switching jobs made me a little bit busy this year...

-KJC

1 comment:

LDM said...

Years ago I brewed a stout. After it bottle conditioned I tried one and it was 'Off'
Kind of a nasty sour taste. The cases got stuck in a crawlspace and forgotten about.
About 2 years later I rediscovered it. I decided to try it one more time before I dumped it out. It was great! It must have been beer magic I guess.