Friday, August 03, 2012

Why ACE is No Longer the Place

My wife and I just bought a house. We are trying to be careful with purchases because of this expense. Yet we wanted to paint and we priced paint at Frattallone’s ACE Hardware. Benjamin Moore paint was roughly $24-35 per gallon. We picked colors over the phone (during my lunch break) since I was working--me at the Arden Hills Store and her at Woodbury. She bought 2 gallons and was shocked that the price was over $100. I used the paint last night and it seemed like average paint to me. I found out about the price today and was not happy! I think the salesperson took advantage of my wife. Someone at the Woodbury store sold her $50 per gallon paint and she didn't think she could question it after it was mixed. Well guess what, I'm pretty mad and we will buy our paint and supplies at Home Depot or Menards from now on. --KJC

Update: I had originally delayed (by several days) posting this after Mike called from Frattallone’s ACE Hardware. I've been waiting for a week now, for the "gift card" Mike was sending me to make things right. If I get it, I'll update or remove this entry. 8/9/12

No comments: