Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Separation Anxiety

So if you happen to follow my blog (believe it or not one or two people do), you may have noticed that I've been fairly "quiet" for awhile. It seems that I became a father just before Christmas in the wee hours of the morning. I awoke that morning to my wife saying, "oh crap, I think my water just broke!"

We are both tired, happy, overwhelmed at times and just so grateful that we finally have the baby (boy) we were trying for for so long.

I'm going back to my new, new job that I started late in November--and I'm experiencing separation anxiety! I don't want to be away from my wife and son right now. But, responsibilities, wages--these things also take up time and are important.

How has my life changed some people have asked? How has it not? My priorities have, I think, rightfully shifted to my wife and our tiny son.

Among the more humorous notes, could be all of the nicknames I've given my son depending on if he is being "Mr. Fussy Pants" or maybe simply "Boo-Boo." I've also taken to "checking his mudflaps" as my own father would have almost assuredly called my diapers when I was that age. In fact, I'm under the impression at this moment that I may have cleaned my baby boy's back end more than my own!

I miss them...

1 comment:

Keli said...

Good luck for 2012 and congradualations on the new addition to your family..:)

Life does change some,but all for the better..:)

Great article,and can already tell you're going to be a great father..:)

Keli..:)