Monday, January 30, 2012

Churches Won't Baptize Non-Members

My mom wanted us to baptize our son and neither my wife nor I have any objections. In fact, I was raised Christian and my wife who is from another culture agrees that our son will learn that he is multicultural.

Imagine my surprise to find out that baptisms are political and churches won't baptize a baby unless the parents are members! I should have researched this better before making my request to my local church. I had assumed that a baptism was about the soul of the baby.

Why was it that I grew weary of church politics in the first place???

Oh yes... I remember in Sunday school when the "teacher" grabbed a kid by the throat (granted he was a goof-off). This was just one of the contradictions I saw as I was being schooled in religion.

This doesn't necessarily mean that I am a non-believer. I just don't like the hypocrisy in organized religion!

KJC

No comments: