Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Iraq War Fuels Terrorism

Despite what the current United States Administration says, the country’s spy organizations have concluded that the war in Iraq is increasing terrorism, resentment and terrorist recruits. This means that the Presidential propaganda is actually completely untrue and we are not safer because of the US presence in Iraq.

This combined with such atrocities as those committed in Abu Ghraib, is tarnishing the image of the USA. The United States is only increasing the resentment of the people living in the Middle East. Since Saddam Hussein is no longer in power and there were no Weapons of Mass Destruction, it is time for the USA to develop an exit plan. Rebuilding the country against the will of the people is not a worthy goal.

I’m tired of being lied to. I’m tired of wars for oil. I’m tired of my tax money being spent overseas. I hate seeing the nightly stories about someone’s family member dying or being maimed. I’m scared of the legacy our leaders have left for the next generations. Greedy leaders are more interested in lining their pockets than they are in what is good for our great country.

I will make changes when I am President. Vote Cutris (Kevin J. Curtis) in 2008. I’m not a greedy rich guy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/23/AR2006092301130.html?nav=rss_email/components

1 comment:

R. C. McIntyre said...

Who woulda guessed it? The world, except for those we intimidated or just bought out were clearly against our invasion of Iraq. This war could do almost nothing besides eliminate a single dictator and create scores of thousands of new hate filled terrorists. And all in the name of "democracy"? What a crock of Bush.