Thursday, October 07, 2021

45-Second, Free Verse Poem (It's so good!)

The free verse poetry was so emotional and so deep, oh so deep, deep, deep, like a well that goes through the Earth all the way to China. There was no rhythm, there was no rhyme, there was no format or form of any kind. But the deep, deep, mess of the free verse poetry, the drivel and the endless dribble of words reaching deeper and deeper into my heart until I wanted to cry out! “I can't stand this it's such a bunch of crap!” Yes, I have trouble with free verse poetry; and abstract art. Shall I paint my butt and then sit on the canvas many times to create a wonderful painting? Shall I reach for the deep, deep, words so deep like an ocean that goes all the way to the bottom and maybe even deeper? It's so damn dumb I can't quite understand why people pretend it's so great. But I guess it is. It must be great. Everyone wins! There are no losers! The words are so deep!

-KJC

No comments: