Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Middle Politics and Anger

With political views that do not follow any party lines, I can at times, get people upset with me who are on the far right (conservative) or far left (liberal) end of the spectrum in equal numbers. What I have noticed (though maybe I know more liberals than conservatives), is that liberal people seem to get much angrier over even minute disagreements than conservatives do. I have wondered about that and I might have an answer as to why this happens. It is my opinion that liberal minded issues generally have little hard science or data supporting them, and rely primarily on emotion. Any discussion (or disagreement) should be a process of understanding and using evidence to support your opinion. If there is no actual science, the person using conjecture and emotion is likely to get frustrated and angry. Whether they have science backing them or not, a conservative can often point to the Bible and say, "Look, it's right here. God wrote it."

No comments: