Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Which Lives Matter?

I can't help but notice that when a child gets caught in gang crossfire, there is no protest. When an African-American is shot by another African-American, there is no protest. But when a black life is taken by a police officer, people are lying down on the freeway. If I take a step back and look at that picture, it seems that a lot of emphasis is being put on a little symptom of a much larger societal problem. But, that's just my opinion and if I disagree with the protest I might be called a racist. Still, regardless of what "color" the child is (Note* my biracial child says that we are all brown), it breaks my heart when one gets injured or killed. And it hurts my faith in humanity when no one stops (traffic) to cry with me.

-KJC

No comments: