Friday, May 01, 2015

305 Years Experience???

I have 305 years experience!
I actually just saw this in a job posting today!!!

EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: 305 years demonstrated success in fundraising. Successful solicitation of individual gifts of $1,000 or more. Knowledge of Twin Cities philanthropic community and social service fundraising.

Yesterday I saw a job ad for a "Wirter!" They certainly do need help it would seem.

My "favorite" cliché is "must be a team player!" What does this really mean? No independent thinking? Must always agree with supervisor? It may be the single biggest turnoff I see in any job description.

1 comment:

LDM said...

I have 610 years of half time experience as a wirter on a wirting team. Does that qualify?
Please let me know.
Methuselah