Tuesday, April 28, 2015

My Fight with a Paper Wasp!

This morning I found a paper wasp in the bathroom. I instantly engaged it in battle! We were fighting for supremacy and in the process, the toilet paper roll got knocked into the toilet! Fortunately the roll was nearing its end; but I had to momentarily direct my attention away from the insect and remove the roll before it soaked up more water than it already had!

Finally I went to find my wife's bug catching (pill) bottle which I managed to capture the intruder inside of. Then I forcefully swung the marauding insect downward where it hit the surface of the toilet water and began a valiant struggle to regain its airborne assault. But I was too quick! I pulled the flush handle and watched as my adversary swirled around and around and finally disappeared in the vortex of water. We were safe!

I reported the incident to my wife and 3-year-old son. My wife—having not had to engage the wild beast herself seemed largely unaffected by my ordeal. My son, however, announced,
"I'll help you fight the wasp dad!"

I said to him, "If you see one, don't go near it! Tell mommy or daddy because they can Owie you!"

No comments: