Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Let the Bear Alone!

It's all over the news. "a bear" has been spotted in the Twin Cities. My response to this? Let the bear alone! There... how hard is that? It is thought to be the "same bear" in Savage and in Woodbury. Well that is possible; but perhaps if there is one, there could be two. So what happened to the first one? Well, some trigger happy cop shot it. Well isn't that nice? Now, we have a potentially dangerous bear because it is wounded. Nice job! If I was your boss I'd have your badge dumb-ass. It is also thought to be a young bear. It seems "someone" has put a lot of "thought" into this issue. Except that no one knows anything about what ought to be done or not done. Bears live in Minnesota. You should let the bear alone. While I like Minnesota and I like living here, I am appalled by the treatment of our wildlife—when it happens to show up in the city. People up north live in close proximity with bears. You just follow some simple rules. Avoid leaving food or garbage around; because bears eat pretty much anything, and let them alone! If you have to, make a lot of noise to chase them away. Believe me, the bear doesn't really want to live in the city. It is probably lost, scared and inexperienced. And now it is wounded thanks to the Minnesota authorities who while living in a "wilderness state," don't know any other means to deal with wildlife in the city except to shoot it. What the hell is wrong with them? I have seen bears in the wild. I have camped in bear country. I once spent a week on Admiralty Island with a whole bunch of Brown bears. They didn't kill me because I know how to leave them alone! So stop reporting on the sightings. Stop shooting. Teach your kids how to live with wildlife and enjoy it. Most of all, let the bear alone!

No comments: