Thursday, May 29, 2014

Build a Raised Garden Bed

First plan and stake the area. Then you start to dig. You will dig a lot if the garden is built into a hill like this one. Then fit the first timbers and check for level. You'll need some of that soil you dug out. I found that timber screws cost $1 each. Then I found screws that were just like timber screws but not called timber screws that cost 59 cents each. I started these with a drill and finished driving them with a ratchet. This held the corners horizontally on my three layers of timbers. After fitting all the pieces, I secured the timbers vertically with half inch rebar that was driven through the timbers and into the ground beneath. This required a really big drill with a long half inch bit and a big sledge hammer. Then it was finished and ready for the soil.


1 comment:

LDM said...

Very nice! let me know if you want some raspberry plants, ours are overrunning the yard.