Friday, September 21, 2012

Peace Day & the Religious Rioters

On this "Peace Day," I would like to address the religious rioters in some countries. These would be primarily Muslims who are angry at America for 'disrespecting Islam.'

All around the Twin Cities where I live, I see mosques, Islamic centers and people dressed in clothing I would expect to see in the Mideast. They seem to be everywhere; living among the rest of us.

If someone, in your opinion, has disrespected your religion, that does not give you the right to kill people or kill American people. In fact, if you think you can commit murder because someone said something negative about your religion, there is either something seriously wrong with you, or something wrong with your religion--take your pick.

Personally, I believe in freedom of speech--even if I don't always like what is being said. Furthermore I don't believe that my God cares if some idiot calls 'him' a name. So my advice is to grow up and pretend like you're an adult.

No comments: