Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Give it up Publish America!

Cutris replied to support@publishamerica.com
See (below) Publish America's latest shameless attempt to get money from an author!

Trying to squeeze that last nickel out of me huh?
http://cutris.blogspot.com/2010/12/more-with-those-zany-publishamerica_02.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: noreply@publishamerica.com
To: Cutris
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 06:02:50 -0500
Subject: Returning your book's rights


Dear author:

Your book He Who Goes First, has shown no sales for longer than a year.

At this time you may want to have your book's publishing rights reverted back to you.

We can arrange that.

Go to www.publishamerica.net/RightsBack.html and instruct us to return the rights to you. In the Ordering Instructions box, write your name and the title of your book. You will receive the termination documents by mail. There are no strings attached to this termination except the $149 processing fee that covers our administration costs and our de-listing obligations to vendors and/or wholesalers. You must choose a shipping option to activate your rights return instruction.

Thank you for having been a PublishAmerica author, or for sticking around if that's what you prefer!

--PublishAmerica Author Support Team

4 comments:

Jenny Jones said...

I received that email as well!

CuTRis said...

Don't expect to find any bad publicity on the Publish America website. They remove all but the "happy stuff." Those of us who used them in good faith (it was almost 7 years ago for me) should let the world know what they do.

xanadian said...

I was under the impression that after your 7-year contract was up, that was it. I'm assuming there was OTHER fine print I missed?

CuTRis said...

That is true. My contract is up this year and I get my rights back anyway. Publish America makes their money off of its authors--so they are pushing really hard to get me to "buy my rights back."