Thursday, February 18, 2010

Attack Cardinal

Yesterday I decided that I had neglected my car long enough, and it was time to take it through the car wash. Later, I went to visit my parents between my two jobs. Apparently my parents have an "Attack Cardinal" in the neighborhood. It attacks it's own reflection in car mirrors!

After parking in my parents' driveway, I noticed that the bird was furiously fighting my driver's side mirror! I beeped my horn remotely, and it flew off. A few seconds later it was back at it again! Soon the horn beeps didn't phase it, as the male cardinal was viciously attacking the "intruder" in the mirror!

I decided that my car was bigger, so eventually I ignored it. Mom and dad told me that this bird regularly attacks the mirrors of parked cars. Later when I went out to go to work, I noticed that my mirror looked scratched! I was stunned! Surely that little bird couldn't have damaged my car!

I took some snow and rubbed the "scratches" out. Apparently it was only, "bird boogers." I had to grab some more snow and wipe off the door where this silly bird pooped. So much for washing your car when an attack bird is around the neighborhood!

No comments: