Sunday, March 12, 2006

Welcome to the Neighborhood

Since I just bought a condominium, I’ve been removing wallpaper and working on the place. The other day I decided to sweep my deck. I live on the second floor.

As I swept the dirt into a pile, I heard swearing below me and someone shouted, “great now I’ll have more shit down here!” Then they slammed their sliding door shut. I was somewhat stunned, but I finished sweeping the dirt into a dust pan and threw it in my garbage.

The people below me, have an “illegal” dog. There aren’t suppose to be dogs in my building, but “someone” barks down there. This same person put up an “annonymous” note about not sweeping your deck down for first level to pickup.

I don’t know what occurred before I moved in, but I finally got sick of seeing this note over the mailboxes, so I put a post-it note on it that says,
"This is legitimate. Thank you. But be careful you aren't barking up the wrong tree. I for one, use a dust pan."

No comments: