Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Happy Birthday Peter Rabbit!

8 years ago, my wife accompanied her parents and sister to an event in the family in Milwaukee. our son was still pretty little, and I stayed home with him. On their trip back, my father and mother-in-law stopped at a Build-A-Bear Factory so they could get all the little kids in the family a stuffed animal. Grayson's grandfather made his rabbit that he named Peter. Peter is a pretty important dude, and for his 8th birthday party, like every year, everyone showed up! There was a dinner, a carrot cake with candles, presents, a good time was had by all! Most incredible, and I think my wife had something to do with this, because it was the wish of my mother-in-law that the tradition continues, but my in-laws still were able to give Peter Rabbit a generous monetary birthday gift even though both of them passed away in 2022. Try as I might with at least two photos, the names of my in-laws on the envelope that held the money did not show. Was this a coincidence? I like to think that even though the writing was there, my in-laws were there too and because of that the writing doesn't show on the envelope. Happy Birthday Peter Rabbit! You are loved!

No comments: