Wednesday, September 19, 2018

The Death of "Butt Spindell"

Two days ago, my wife decided to buy our new goldfish and took my son to the pet store. They bought four and there was also a tiny, Rosy Red Minnow that somehow got into the bag with the other fish. The poor little fish swam quickly around the tank; but unfortunately lasted only until the next evening before dying suddenly. My young son was sad. He had named the fish, "Butt-Spindell."

My son likes trains. He especially likes the Thomas and Friends trains. Frequently, he likes to quiz me on the characteristics of the Thomas and Friends engines. I unfortunately, am not very good at this, so I created the "Flippin-Rock and the Masters of the Universe" train collection. These trains were my invention and came from my mind, so I now had a chance of scoring in the train games!

My wife told our son that I was just making this all up. That, however, did not dissuade him from joining in and making even more characters! Besides Flippin-Rock, who is the main character, I came up with Pok, who my son says is actually, "Pac." And the fastest of all of the Flippin-Rock and the Masters of the Universe engines is "Butt-Spindell." Thus, my child named this speedy fish after the fastest train in the series.
After coming home from band last evening, I found these sad messages, that the new fish had passed on. Of course it was sad, but it was also a bit humorous if you knew the background story...


No comments: