Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Cutris Crosses Pacific with his Johnson

Cutris Crosses Pacific with his Johnson
December 5, 2007
UnAssociated Press

Leaving from Kaneohe, Oahu (Hawaii) on December 4, 2007, Cutris has apparently crossed the Pacific Ocean in less than two days, as he docked in San Francisco Bay Wednesday morning, December 5, 2007. He made the journey in a 15' Alumacraft boat, powered only by his Johnson.

The 6-hp Johnson outboard motor has been in the family for years, and according to Cutris, his Johnson functioned superbly for the entire trip.

"Most of the boat contained 2-cycle gas, and food and water for the trip," said Cutris. "It was a little scary at times, but my Johnson pulled me through."

When asked why he had attempted this dangerous crossing in such a small craft, Cutris replied, "I guess I've never considered the boat, or my Johnson to be that small. Both are very sturdy, and the experience was very pleasurable."

No comments: