Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Politics vs. Jr. High

Last evening and this morning, the news was all about some remarks that Senator John Kerry made about “study hard or get stuck in Iraq.”

The Republicans, more specifically President George W. Bush and Senator John McCain were shown, blasting Kerry for “his insult to the American Troops.”

Anyone who hasn’t spent the last eight years in a vacuum can tell that decorated, Vietnam War Veteran, John Kerry was not commenting about the troops. He was commenting about our current President, George W. Bush.

This is irrelevant both in politics, and in Jr. High. I work in a Jr. High School and I know how mean the kids can get and how twisted the truth can become. Let me tell you, these kids got nothing on the leaders of this country.

Take my own presidential run. I was quoted as saying that, “wolves should be allowed to run free in the north woods of Minnesota.” This was twisted by the (Republican and Democratic) parties who are against me, to “sexual predators should be allowed to live free and unchecked in rural Minnesota.”

Certainly anyone who knows me knows that I am an environmentalist and I like wolves (and other animals) a lot. I believe that they are a necessary part of our natural world. How this was construed by anyone as a commentary about sexual predators is beyond the imagination… unless you are talking about politics… or if you are in Jr. High.

But seriously now, if George W. Bush didn’t twist the truth, he would have never become President in the first place now would he have?

No comments: