Thursday, July 20, 2006

Reflection

When I look back at the last three years of my life, it sometimes amazes me to think of all that has happened to me. I left all of my security and tried to follow a dream.
I must admit, I hurt so badly in my heart, that I felt real physical pain -both from leaving my friends and family, and then later when I left the broken dream on the banks of the Atlantic Ocean.

So many things have happened since then, that may never have happened if I hadn't taken that chance. I've experienced a lot of things because of it. My choices, right or wrong, have led me to this “place” in life. Very recently, something wonderful happened to me that would never have occurred if I was still living in Minneapolis and working for the county. I don't think I'm "done" yet.

As my American Indian Spirit Brother would point out, it is all about "the journey." I have become a very strong person, both mentally and physically. A couple of years ago I was severely emotionally injured. Those injuries never disappear completely. I have scars inside my heart from all those traumatic events. Still, I have learned to appreciate how truly fortunate and how blessed I am. Just in the past week, I realized that again, when something unexpected happened, and the events and my choices in life had prepared me for it. Today I am a pretty happy person!

No comments: