Sunday, June 25, 2006

Captain's Log - Supplemental

Our recording session yesterday, may have gotten us one song (i.e. "Roadmap"). We also recorded a live version of a song I wrote called, "Freeman."
I wrote the song years ago, and when I first played it for the guys they said they would never be able to do it. I change time in a couple of places. I've been told that I "can't do that!" My response is "of course I can!" and "Don't you oppress me!"
The guys can play it well now, though they claim it took "three years." I doubt it took over one...
My point to them was, that time changes, when everyone knows where they are, actually sound great... and of course... I'm right -they do!
Freeman probably needs more work in the recording "studio." I must admit that after several hours, I was running out of steam. Recording is hard work!

No comments: