Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Ports, Politics and Pinheads

Yesterday I was watching the news when a story came on that blew me away! Apparently not only is the security of some of the United States’ seaports managed by people from foreign countries, but there is a pending sale for a United Arab Emirates-based company to run six of our ports.

There was (of course) a call of racism, and that anyone should be allowed to have the security contract. Perhaps while we’re at it, we should bring in some Al-Qaeda personnel to work as Secret Service agents, to guard the President.

Personally, I don’t want anyone who isn’t an American, running the security of anything as important as a seaport. I don’t care if the company is Canadian, we should set a precedent that no foreign entities can run our ports.

This is simply a no-brainer as far as I’m concerned. Do we want real security, or should we just hand over the keys to the White House to the highest bidder?

Finally, I have this to say… don’t make me run for President, because I will! And when I win, this crap is going to end.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/21/port.security/index.html

1 comment:

Chump said...

I have voted for you for president, now appoint me Secretary Of Ports and Beer, everything'll be cool.
I am an American, here, check my I-9 form!