Monday, December 12, 2005

Gorock Mania

For my friend Mark’s birthday, I got him an authentic Gorock Stick.
http://cutris.blogspot.com/2005/10/gorock-stick.html
He was always interested in the ways and deeds of Gorock. Many times we had discussed Gorock together and it seemed like a fitting gift.

Last Friday while I was with friends, John found out about Mark’s Gorock Stick. I told him that Gorock Sticks must not be decorated, and that they should be found and discarded as needed. The proper use of a Gorock Stick is to test the ground, mud or ice to see if it is safe for passage. It can also be used to support your weight on dangerous slopes and can be used as a weapon. John promised to use the stick only for Gorock sanctioned activities.

Saturday when I was hiking the wilds of West Wilkie, I found John his Gorock Stick. I will present it to him in January for his birthday. It will be a fine day for him and we will all be proud that he has joined the ranks of Gorock enthusiasts.

It seems that there is a developing Gorock Mania! Soon everyone will want Gorock Sticks, and I will have to teach classes in the proper usage of these fine implements.

1 comment:

Chump said...

so do my sticks count now?