Thursday, August 18, 2022

Go Get Dad!

When I walked outside this morning and saw the rabbit... well the headless rabbit, I knew it was likely the work of a bird of prey. But I couldn't help wondering if there is a rabbit mafia, and Bugsy was sinking the head in the drainage pond down the street at that very moment.

But now, what was I supposed to do? I momentarily thought about charging into the house and yelling for everyone to come outside and "take care of" the lifeless body. But I'm dad at my house. All of those unpleasant tasks, like unclogging the toilet, battling hornets in the shed, disposing of unknown bugs in the house, fixing broken things of all kinds... those are the things the rest of the household will come screaming to me to resolve.

I guess it should make me feel good, that I am the answer to so many of life's issues that nobody (including me) really wants to deal with. "Go get dad!" is the "battle cry" of the family...

So, I got a bag and grabbed the freshly killed animal by a back leg and tossed it into the bag and threw it into the garbage. Then I went back upstairs to my desk and back to work.

For I am Dad! I am the maker of good, the fixer of stuff, and the protector of my domain.

No comments: