Sunday, November 07, 2021

1st Time Back to MNHS

Yesterday was American Indian Family Day at the Minnesota History Museum. I had not been in the building since being laid off a year-and-a-half ago. When I worked in IT, for MNHS, my family attended many events; and we went to as many of the sites as time would allow. I'm always somewhat puzzled, by the fact that I almost never see anyone on staff at the events unless they are working or directly related to that particular event. Out of the six or so directors, I only saw one. I get the impression morale is not very good, and I can only imagine (how it is there) after nearly half of the staff were let go, and only a few were allowed to return. Regardless, we had a good time. I was a bit surprised that there weren't more people there. After all, admission and parking were free. I can't say whether that was a lack of Interest or whether it was a lack of publicity.

No comments: