Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Lesson From a Crazy Man

Anyone who has read my blog knows that I like to take everyday things and find humor in them. Signs have been a frequent source of material for me. This morning I saw an anti-liberal bumper sticker and when I snapped a picture of it as I waited at a stoplight (the vehicle was in front of me), I noticed the driver holding up a pistol. I decided after he began chasing my vehicle, that I would drive to the nearest police station that I knew of. I called 9-1-1 after arriving and verifying the other vehicle was still following me. I had to keep driving as he followed me around the parking lot. Eventually he stopped and got out and was yelling that I took a picture of his vehicle. Finally he drove away and then a police squad arrived and the officer took my information—and apparently they stopped the guy and he has a permit to carry the gun, so since he hadn't actually shot me with it, there wasn't much they could do. The officer asked if I wanted to (try to) press charges and I said, "no, I want him to leave me alone." So the moral of the story is, that there are crazy people with guns and even if you think you are innocently having fun, they are more than ready to pull that gun out and target you.

3 comments:

Jaggibutt said...

They are paranoid, scared of their own shadows and they are everywhere

LDM said...

Holy crap-that is scary.

LDM said...

They should have been able to charge him with making terroristic threats right? But probably just getting as far away from the nutcase as possible is the best bet.