Sunday, March 28, 2021

Stop Bullying

As we try to teach our children about being kind, it seems that a lot of adults never learned this important skill. Or, maybe it's just too easy and alluring to some people, to become an Internet bully and reach out and hurt someone through social media. I have left the second Facebook group I ever joined, for the same reason I left the first. The conversation deviated from the group's subject, and it spawned attacks and bullying. I marvel at how viscous people can get behind the wheel of an automobile, and the ease of social media has created a bunch of adult bullies. My most recent transgression, was asking others to stop attacking each other. I know this was a risk on my part, but it is quite possibly the same thing I would have done if we were all in the same room face to face. Please be kind. There is too much hate and hurt. People who are hurting, are more likely to hurt others. We should be perpetuating joy and goodness instead.

No comments: